- 350g Broccoli
- 25g Butter
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Leek, white part only chopped
- 1 Potato, cut into chunks
- 1L Chicken Stock
- 300mL Milk
- 115g Quality Blue Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Break Broccoli into florets, discarding any tough stems.
- Melt butter in a large pan and cook the onion and leek until soft, not coloured.
- Add Broccoli and potato, and then pour in the stock. Cover and Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Cool slightly, then pour into food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Strain mixture through a sieve into a clean pan.
- Add the milk and cream, season with salt and pepper.
- Reheat gently.
- At the last minute add cheese, stirring until the cheese melts. Do not boil.