Preparation time: 10 minute(s) Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
- ½ cup of cornflour
- ½ cup of custard powder
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1½ cups of cream
- 2½ cups of milk
- 30g of butter
- 2 egg yolks
- Place cornflour, custard powder and sugar into saucepan, stir until all mixed together. Add milk, stir until smooth and free of lumps. Add cream
- Stir over low heat until custard boils and thickens. Add butter and turn stove off.
- Remove pan from stove and add egg yolks mix well. Place custard in a bowl, cover with plastic food wrap and allow to become cold.
- With electric hand beaters, beat custard slowly adding the vanilla. Only beat for a few minutes.
- Put custard in a piping bag with a fluted nozzle and fill horns.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar if desire.