- 4 Pear halves
- 8 tbsp of Castor Sugar
- 1 Vanilla been split and broken into pieces
- 6 tbsp of Water
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Choose an ovenproof dish which the halve pears will fit with no extra space.
- Butter dish well and peel, halve and core pears.
- Place Pear halves in dish & hollow side up.
- Scatter Castor Sugar over (1 tbsp per halve pear)
- Then dot with butter.
- Place Vanilla bean pieces in the dish, then pour water.
- Cover your dish tightly with foil and bake for at least 1 to 1½ hours.
- When pears are tender, remove foil and spoon 1 teaspoon of thick cream into each pear hollow.
- Increase oven temperature to 200°C.
- Return dish, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes until cream has melted and mingled with the buttery juices.
- Allow to cool a little before serving.