- 150mL Olive Oil
- 2kg Whole Mussels in Shells (cleaned and debearded)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (thinly sliced)
- 2 small Red Chillies (finely chopped)
- 200mL Dry White Wine
- 1 cup Flat-Leaf Parsley (roughly chopped)
- 400mL Sugo di Pomodoro (Tomato Puree)
- 4 slices Sourdough Bread (thick)
- In a heavy-based saucepan, heat oil and add mussels, garlic and chilli.
- Stir for 2 minutes, or until mussels begin to open, then add wine and parsley, tomato. Seal pan with an airtight lid and cook for 2 – 3 minutes, or until mussels open fully.
- Discard any closed mussels.
- Meanwhile, toast sourdough bread until crunchy and dry.
- When mussels have opened, serve with toasted bread.