- 185g Butter
- Rind of 1 Orange & 1 Lemon (diced finely)
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- ½ cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 tin of Sliced Apples or 4 Granny Smith Apples peeled & sliced
- Preheat the oven to 185°C.
- Beat softened butter, sugar rind and vanilla essence for about 5 minutes, or until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and stir in sifted flour until nice and smooth.
- Put half the mixture in a quiche dish and spread out.
- Place apples neatly around the mixture.
- Cover with remaining mix and sprinkle castor sugar over the top.
- Cook for 35 – 40 minutes and serve with fresh cream or vanilla ice cream.