- 2 x 250g pkt Haloumi Cheese (sliced in even portions)
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed, left whole)
- Splash of Olive Oil
- 50g Butter
- 200g tub Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar/Glaze
- 4 cups Baby English Spinach
- 400g tin Baby Beets (strained)
- 400g tin Brown Lentils (strained)
- 100g pkt Pine Nuts
- Ground Black Pepper
- In a hot frypan, heat olive oil and butter, then add garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes, turned down to medium heat.
- Add Haloumi slices and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from heat and set aside on paper towels to drain. Discard garlic clove.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream, ground black pepper and the ½ tbsp of the balsamic glaze. Set aside.
- Assemble dish by placing a cup of baby spinach on the plate, place two slices of haloumi cheese on top. To the sides, spoon lightly a small amount of brown lentils and place two baby beets and drizzle a good spoonful of the sour cream dressing over the top.
- Sprinkle a tsp of pine nuts over and drizzle with balsamic glaze to dress.
- Finish off with ground black pepper.