- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 4 medium Eggs
- 170g Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 250g Ground Almonds
- 200g Butter (melted & cooled)
- 400g Thickened Cream
- 400g Frozen Berry Assortment (strained)
- Icing Sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line the base of a 24cm round cake tin with baking paper, greasing sides of tin with butter.
- Finely chop the chocolate in a food processor, still retaining some texture.
- Beat the eggs with the cater sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture is pale and of a moussey consistency, roughly ten minutes.
- Fold in the almonds, chocolate and butter.
- Spoon mixture into prepared cake tin and bake for about 40 minutes until firm to the touch on top.
- Leave to cool in the tin, and then turn out.
- Slice into a wedge and serve aside a dollop of thickened cream, top with strained mixed berries.
- Lightly dust with icing sugar.