- 150g Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 3 Eggs
- 150g Caster Sugar
- Rind of 2 Lemons (grated)
- Juice of ½ Lemon (strained)
- 300g Shortcrust Pastry
- Plain Flour (for dusting)
- Icing Sugar (sifted, for sprinkling)
- Unsalted Butter (extra, for greasing)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a tart tin with butter.
- Beat the eggs with caster sugar in a large bowl, stir in the lemon rind and lemon juice, then stir in the butter.
- Roll out the pastry into a round on a lightly floured surface and line in the prepared tart tin.
- Trim the edges, and then pour the lemon mixture into the tart case.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Place a few lemons or decorative paper shapes on the surface of the tart, sprinkle with icing sugar, and then carefully remove the leaves or shapes.