- 1 Potato (chopped into cubes and pre-boiled until half cooked)
- 3 small Eggplants (skinny long)
- 2 handfuls Silverbeet (chopped)
- 3 ripe Tomatoes (chopped into cubes)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (chopped fine)
- 1 small red/white Onion (chopped into slices)
- 2 – 3 red hot Chillies (seeded/deseeded – optional)
- Pinch of Salt (if required)
- 1 – 2 tbsp Chicken Stock Powder
- 2 – 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Optional: Add a handful of diced mushrooms to mix.
- Pre-boil the potato cubes and set aside.
- Sauté together with the chopped red/white onion and garlic in olive oil until half cooked.
- Add eggplant and further cook (until half cooked) season with chicken stock powder and salt then add diced tomatoes.
- Continue cooking through then add raw silverbeet and chopped chilli and continue cooking.
- Once tomatoes have cooked right down, add ¼ cup of water to add extra juice and pre-boiled potato cubes.
- Important: When adding water, allow to cook through then taste for flavour, and add extra chicken salt or salt if required.
- Serve with either fresh or toasted French Stick or Ciabatta Bread.