Steamed Beetroot with Horseradish Dressing
- 4 Beetroot Bulbs (with greens)
- 12 tbsp Horseradish Cream
- ¼ cup of Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 24 cloves of Garlic (crushed)
- Salt & Pepper
- Juice of 1 Lemon (optional – instead of Balsamic Vinegar)
- Cut the beetroot bulb from the greens.
- Scrub the bulb in water and cut the root and top.
- Place the bulb and greens in a steamer until cooked to your liking.
- Test by piercing the bulb with a fork. When cooked remove from the steamer and cool down under running water or place in bowl of cold water.
- When cool enough to handle, take the bulb in your hand and press your fingers on the outer skin removing it.
- Slice the beetroot bulb and arrange the beetroot green on a platter.
- Place the horseradish cream, Virgin Olive oil, balsamic vinegar (or lemon juice), garlic, pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Whisk with a fork until the consistency is thickened.
- Dress the beetroot bulb and greens.