- 6 – 8 pieces Oxtail
- 2 Medium Onions (peeled & sliced)
- 2 Medium Carrots (peeled & sliced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
- 2 Celery Sticks
- 6 Button Mushrooms
- 1/3 cup Sweet Sherry
- 1¼ cups of water or stock
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube (for the stock)
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Bouquet Garni – Bay leaves & parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional: 3 – 4 potatoes (in chunky pieces)
- In a 3.0 litre Bessemer casserole and lid – vent closed on the stovetop.
- Brown the Oyster blade in the oil with the onions and garlic.
- Add the carrots, celery and the rest of the ingredients except the mushrooms.
- Cook for approximately one hour, add the button mushrooms whole.
- Casserole is cooked when juice thickens and vegies and meat are tender and can be served with the potatoes cooked in the casserole or serve with rice or mashed potatoes.