Pasta Primavera (Spring Pasta)
- 1 Chicken Breast (cut into small strips)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter/Margarine
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves (optional)
- 1 packet Spiral Pasta
- Boiling Water (to cover Pasta)
- 2 Chicken Stock Cubes
- Frozen Packet Mixed Vegetables (McCains 500g)
- Or Fresh Vegetables:
- ¼ Cauliflower (cut into florets)
- ¼ cup Peas
- 6 Stringless Beans (sliced)
- 10 – 12 Snow Peas
- 1 small Red Capsicum (sliced)
- In a Bessemer Dutch Oven put the olive oil, margarine and garlic – sauté.
- Add onions and sauté until clear, and then add vegetables and sauté, pasta, water and stock cubes.
- Cook altogether with the lid on, with the vent open for approximately 10 to 15 minutes until the pasta is cooked.
- If you are using frozen vegetables, follow the same method and any of the above can also be added that are not in the mix. Snow peas are always a nice addition.