Serves: 3 Preparation time: 15 minute(s) Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
- Olive oil spray
- 500g/2 large skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 small avocado, mashed
- 50g drained semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 25g sliced black olives, chopped
- 20 fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 300g pak choy, washed
- 1½ tablespoons gluten free chicken style gravy mix
- 250ml cold water
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with foil.
- Butterfly the chicken breast and tenderise using a small mallet, gently tapping the breasts. Lay out 2 slices of prosciutto lengthways on a board, slightly overlapping two long sides.
- Lay one butterflied chicken breast on top of the prosciutto. Spread half of the avocado across the chicken breast. Sprinkle half the semi-dried tomatoes and half the olives, followed with half the basil leaves and half the mozzarella cheese.
- Roll up the chicken/prosciutto (from the longest side to longest side), tucking in the ends as you go. Tie with some kitchen string (wrap string around chicken roll 3 – 4 times). Spray with olive oil and place on baking tray.
- Repeat for second roll. Roast for 30 minutes in a 200°C oven.
- To make the gravy, combine the powder with the water in a microwave-safe jug. Whisk and microwave for 3 minutes on high heat. Whisk again prior to serving. Alternatively, place the gravy powder and water in a saucepan and bring to boil on the stove. Simmer for 2 minutes while stirring. Remove roast from oven and allow resting for 5 minutes. Using a carving knife, slice each mini-roast into 2 cm slices. For a big appetite, or if you’re out to impress, serve a whole mini-roast! However, 3 – 4 slices are usually more than sufficient.