Serves: 4 Preparation time: 10 minute(s) Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
- Mushrooms & Topping:
- 4 large field mushrooms, stalks removed
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 medium – large ripe truss tomatoes, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 8 – 10 basil leaves, shredded
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cracked black pepper and salt
- 1½ tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Infused Oil
- Additional 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Additional garlic clove, crushed
- Combine the two tablespoons of olive oil with 1 crushed garlic clove.
- Brush the mushrooms with the infused oil and grill or BBQ for 3 – 5 minutes until just cooked.
- Combine all other ingredients in a mixing bowl. These ingredients are best served at room temperature or, alternatively, you can slightly warm the topping by microwaving on medium-high for 30 – 60 seconds.
- Remove mushrooms from grill or BBQ and top with bruschetta topping.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and decorate with a whole sweet basil leaf to serve. For additional decoration, drizzle some balsamic vinegar around the edge of the plate.