- 500g Self Raising flour (sifted)
- 1 cup Sultanas
- ? cup Sugar
- ? cup Sugar (extra)
- 2 eggs
- Grated lemon rind
- 1 Granny Smith apple (peeled and grated)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Milk (if needed)
- Combine sugar eggs, lemon rind, vanilla and brandy.
- Add flour and mix well. Mix in apple, oil and sultanas. If the mixture is too stiff add a little milk.
- Heat oil in frypan. Place spoonfuls of mixture into hot oil.
- When cooked through place on an absorbent towel and sprinkle with extra sugar. Serve hot.