- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Raw Sugar
- 1 cup Sultanas
- 1 cup grated Carrot (2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup Apple (3 medium Granny Smiths)
- 1 Apple for decoration left unpeeled / uncored
- ¼ cup Oil – Olive or vegetable
- ¼ cup Milk
- Place bread, buttered side down, in 34cm Baking Dish Base (cut two slices diagonally to fit the corners).
- Mix all other ingredients together and pour over the top of the bread.
- Place Baking Dish on stove on medium heat with lid on, steam vent open, for 20 minutes or until filling is set and base becomes
- To serve, use nylon spatula to slide crostata out of the baking dish and onto a serving platter.