- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- ¾ tbsp Cinnamon
- 125g butter or margarine
- ½ cup Golden Syrup
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- Grated Rind & Juice of 1 Lemon
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease 12 cup mini muffin pan.
- Sift flour, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Place in a saucepan the sugar, golden syrup and butter. Cook until the butter melts and the sugar has dissolved. Cool down slightly.
- Then pour into the flour mixture.
- Stir in a light beaten egg with a fork along with lemon rind & juice.
- Add milk and mix until combined.
- Spoon into muffin tin, ¾ full and bake for 15 minutes.
- Suitable to freeze.