- 6 – 8 pieces Oyster blade steak cut into medallions
- 2 medium Onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 2 sticks Celery
- 6 button Mushrooms
- (Optional 3 – 4 potatoes) in chunky pieces
- 1/3 cup of Sweet Sherry
- 1¼ cups of water or stock
- 1 cube star stock cube (chicken) for the stock
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Bouquet Garni – Bay leaves & parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
In a 3.0 litre Bessemer casserole and lid – vent closed on the stove top.
- Brown the Oyster blade in the oil with the onions and garlic.
- Add the carrots, celery and the rest of the ingredients except the mushrooms.
- Cook for approximately one hour, add the button mushrooms whole.