- 1 packet Cake mix – (Not sponge) preferably Greens cake mix as per ingredients on pack
- 1 large can pineapple rings (thin)
- 1 packet glace’ red cherries
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter or Margarine
- Optional: Use your own cake recipe
- In a 3.0 litre Bessemer casserole, melt butter, add brown sugar and stir until melted.
- Place pineapple rings with glace’ cherries to cover base of pan.
- Pour in cake mix which has been mixed as per instructions on packet.
- Place on stove, lid on, vent open for approximately 30 minutes.
- Cake is ready when top is firm to touch.