- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Caster Sugar
- ½ cup Plain Flour (sifted)
- 2 tbsp Butter/Margarine (melted)
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 4 Granny Smith Apples
- ½ cup Water
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Melt butter or margarine and fold into egg mixture, then fold in sifted flour and milk.
- Peel & dice apples.
- Cook apples in saucepan until soft cool. Put into a baking dish.
- Pour sponge mixture.
- Bake 180° for 20 – 25 minutes or until sponge is springy.
- Cook apples in a saucepan with ½ cup of water with one teaspoon of sugar (optional)
- Serve with Hot Custard or Icecream!