- 2 red Capsicums, seeded, grilled until blackened, peeled
- 8 ripe Roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 Red Onion, cut into quarters
- 1 Garlic bulb, halved horizontally
- 1 fresh Red Chilli, seeded and chopped
- 4 sprigs of Thyme
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil
- 2 cups of Vegetable Stock
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 4 tbsp of fresh, chopped Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut the capsicums into quarters and remove seeds.
- Place under a grill and cook until blackened. Remove from grill and place in a plastic bag for about 5 minutes to soften skin.
- Remove from the bag and peel skin away. Place capsicum aside.
- Place the tomatoes, red onions, garlic, chilli and thyme in a roasting pan. Drizzle over the olive oil.
- Season generously and cook for 30 minutes until softened.
- Remove the garlic, onion and thyme from the roasting pan and set aside.
- Add the capsicums and pour the stock into the roasting pan and return to the over for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile remove the onions and garlic from their papery skins and whiz in the food processor to form a paste.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven and add the tomatoes to the food processor. Whiz.
- Strain the soup mixture into a saucepan and pass stock from the roasting pan through the sieve to remove the maximum mixture.
- Discard the dry soup pulp.
- Heat the soup gently and season to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve with warmed, crusty bread.