- 2 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup Castor Sugar
- 250g Mascarpone Cheese
- 300mL thickened Cream
- 300g plain Sponge
- 1½ cups strong Espresso coffee, cooled
- ½ cup Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
- 250g fresh Strawberries
- 125g fresh Blueberries
- 125g fresh Raspberries
- (Alternatively buy a bag of frozen mixed berries)
- 8 x 1-cup capacity glasses to serve
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar together in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Fold in mascarpone and wash & dry beaters.
- Whip cream to firm peaks. Fold into mascarpone mixture.
- Wash & dry beaters. Beat eggwhites until stiff peaks form. Fold into mascarpone mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut cake into 1cm cubes. Combine coffee & liqueur together in a jug. Combine strawberries, blueberries and raspberries in a bowl.
- Place enough sponge pieces to cover bottom of the glasses. Pour 25mL of coffee mixture over each.
- Use a spoon to press cake into base. Top with 2 tablespoons of mascarpone mixture and 1 heaped spoons of berries.
- Repeat layers with remaining cake, coffee mixture, mascarpone mixture and berries.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Serve.