- 1 loaf of white Bread (day old)
- 1 bag Raisins
- 1 pint of Milk – 500mL
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- Nutmeg – to sprinkle
- Cinnamon – to sprinkle
- Sugar – to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Butter both sides of the bread and cut into triangle.
- Layer bread pieces into an over proof dish or into a muffin tray and add some raisins, a sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon sugar. Repeat layers until the dish is full.
- In a pan bring the milk to boiling point and add in eggs whisking the whole time and add some sugar and heat through.
- Carefully pour milk mixture over bread pudding, finishing with some extra nutmeg and sugar.
- Place over proof dish into a baking tray, with boiling water one third of a way up the dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes until nicely golden brown.
- Leave to cool, for at least an hour and 30 min.
- Run a knife around the edge or cut into individual servings and serve either on its own or with ice-cream or cream.