- 8 Scotch Fillet Steaks
- 1 large Onion sliced thick
- 2 Red Capsicums chopped
- 4 large fresh Mushrooms sliced
- 1 large can Butter Mushrooms
- 2 cans of Peeled chopped tomatoes
- Fresh Parsley
- ½ cup of White Wine
- 2 Garlic Cloves chopped
- Butter and Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Melt butter and oil in frypan over a medium heat. Seal steaks in butter and oil. Once sealed then place in a casserole dish.
- In the same dish, add sliced onions, garlic, red capsicum, mushrooms and salt. Stir until softened. Add chopped parsley.
- Add white win to pan with vegetables. Let the wine reduce a little then add the chopped tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 5 – 10 minutes until tomatoes have softened.
- Add the butter mushrooms to the pan. Stir the mushrooms into the other ingredients for about 2 minutes.
- Take the frypan off the heat and spoon the mixture over the top of the steaks in the casserole dish.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180°) for 1 hour. Serve with mash potato. Serves 4 – 8.