- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup freshly squeezed Orange juice
- Small knob of Ginger
- Tub of Mascarpone
- Chocolate sauce (for plate)
- 2 Seedless Mandarins
- Put water in small pot and heat it up
- Add sugar and grated ginger and when it is hot, stand back and add the Orange Juice.
- Stir until thickens. Add more sugar if it is not thickening.
- Add half a cup of caramel ginger to mascarpone and stir (refrigerate)
- Peel mandarins and place in heat proof dish.
- Tip caramel ginger over them and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Serve the mandarin on bowl, spoon some juice over it.
- Place a huge dollop of mascarpone on the top and enjoy.