- 1kg Kumera (Sweet Potato) (Peel & Diced)
- 2 Shallots (Diced)
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (Grated)
- 1 bunch of Coriander (Chopped)
- ½ teaspoon of Cumin powder
- Pinch of Safron
- 2 tbsp of Chicken Stock
- Quarter of a can of Coconut cream
- Coriander (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Heat oil in a large pan. Sautee kumera, shallots, garlic and ginger, then add coriander, cumin powder, safron and chicken stock powder.
- Pour in enough water to cover.
- Cook until the kumera has softened.
- Cool slightly, then puree.
- When ready to serve, stir in coconut cream and garnish with coriander.