- 2 – 3 large chicken breasts, sliced thinly and beaten until thin, approx. three inches long and one and a half wide strips.
- 600g veal or girello
- 1 pkt tip top hot dog buns
- 1 to 2 handfuls of mixed grated parmesan, pecorino and romano cheese
- 250g provolone dolce diced into half an inch cubes
- Grinded sea salt and coarse pepper.
- 2 handfuls finely chopped Italian parsley
- Good quantity of good extra virgin olive oil
- Wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for at least ten minutes.
- 1 head of crushed garlic
- Grate bread rolls coarsely into a large mixing bowl
- Add the mixed grated cheeses, parsley salt, pepper and crushed garlic.
- Start to pour enough olive oil to make a sticky mixture, whilst rubbing in the crushed garlic and cheeses to flavour the breadcrumbs. Mixture must be slightly moist.
- Get a piece of meat, top with a small layer of bread mixture, place a cube of the provolone cheese in the middle and roll up tucking the sides in to make a roll. Put onto a skewer and continue with the rest of the meats. (You can put whatever quantity on each skewer as you please)
- Once you have used up all the meat, place skewers in the leftover bread mixture and press to coat on the outside.
- Lightly spray with olive oil and place on a non stick fry pan for approx ten minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.