- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 Clove of Garlic, crushed
- 2 litres of Gluten Free Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1kg Japanese Pumpkin, skinned, seeded and chopped into small 1 – 2 cm cubes
- 1 large Sweet Potato (4 cups), peeled & chopped into small 1 – 2 cm cubes
- ½ teaspoon dried Cumin
- Pinch Nutmeg
- Cracked Salt & Pepper
- ¼ cup Cream to serve (optional)
- Fresh chives or parsley, chopped to serve
- Heat oil and fry onion and garlic until tender.
- Add stock and bring to the boil.
- Add pumpkin, sweet potato and dried cumin.
- Simmer for 20 – 30 minutes or until veggies are soft. Allow time to cool.
- Using small portions at a time, scoop vegetables (with some liquid) into a blender and puree.
- Return pureed soup into a saucepan to reheat.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper and serve with a small dollop of cream, sprinkled with fresh chives or parsley.