Serves 4 - 6 Cooking Time: 1½ hours
- 2 ltr Tomato Sauce
- 2 – 3 Eggplants
- 1 Onion (Peeled & Diced)
- 2 – 3 cloves Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Chillis
- Oregano (pinch)
- Fresh Basil & Parsley (½ cup)
- ¼ cup Romano or Pecorino Grated Cheese
- ¼ cup Fresh or Dried Grated Bread (Breadcrumbs)
- ¼ cup of Olive Oil
- Slice eggplant into thin strips and sprinkle salt on top of eggplant and leave on side until needed for sauce.
- Fry onion and garlic until golden (in pot).
- Put 2 litres of Tomato sauce and all other ingredients into pot and cook for about 1½ hours on medium heat.
- In the meantime wash eggplant and squeeze the water out, then fry eggplant in hot oil until golden.
- 5 minutes before you turn sauce off, place eggplant into pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once ready, put ¼ cup of breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons of cheese into sauce.
- Boil spaghetti, drain when cooked.
- Put sauce onto cooked spaghetti then place more cheese on top.