- 4 Osso Buco (Veal Shank cut into 3cm thicknesses)
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- ½ cup White Dry Wine
- Butter & Salt
- Gremolata (tablespoon of grated lemon rind & chopped parsley)
- 2 Stock Cubes or Broth (to cover meat)
- Brown chopped onion in a casserole pan with a large piece of butter.
- Add the floured shanks and brown well on both sides.
- Add the white wine and let half evaporate.
- Add salt to taste and cover with water or broth.
- Allow cooking for approximately 1½ hours on low heat, (the secret is to buy young veal shanks so the meat is tender and needs less cooking time).
- Five minutes before serving add the lemon rind & parsley. Can be served with Polenta, Mashed Potato or Rice.