- 3 cups Rice (Basmati, Low G-I)
- 6 cups Water
- 1 packet mixed Vegetables (can use frozen if you wish)
- 2 tbsp Butter/Margarine
- 2 Chicken Stock Cubes
- 1 tbsp Paprika (optional)
- Sprinkle Herb Mix (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Dried Coriander
- Place butter in the casserole dish.
- Add vegetables and sauté. Then add rice and lightly stir till all coated.
- Add herbs, large sprinkle of Paprika powder (approx 1 tbsp) and teaspoon of dried coriander.
- Melt stock cubes in 6 cups of hot water and add to rice and bring to the boil.
- Place lid on casserole with the vent open.
- Leave for approximately 12 minutes on low heat.
- Turn off hot plate.
- Let sit with lid on for approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Fluff up rice and vegetable with Bessemer tong & serve.