- 300 – 400g Borlotti Beans or Fresh Italian Beans (soaked overnight in warm water)
- 1 Potato (peeled & diced)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)
- ½ can chopped Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Water (enough to cover)
- Olive Oil
- 300g Spaghetti (broken in 3)
- Place beans, potato, garlic, tomatoes, basil and water in a large pot.
- Bring to the boil then lower heat and continue cooking until beans are cooked. (Approx 1 hr)
- Add more water to beans, bring to boil then add pasta, stirring well.
- Season with salt.
- When pasta is cooked add a little olive oil and serve.