- 200g Pasta (small shells)
- 200g Split Peas
- 1 large Onion (peeled & diced)
- 3 Carrots (peeled & diced)
- 2 Potatoes (peeled & diced)
- 2 Vegetable Stock Cubes (crumbled)
- 2 slices Bacon (diced)
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 litres Water
- 1 litre Water (extra)
- In a large pot put all the ingredients except the pasta.
- Bring it to the boil.
- Lower the heat a little and cook for about 1½ hours.
- When the split peas have melted and add another 1 litre of water, bring to the boil and then add the pasta shells.
- Stir well and cook until the pasta is al dente.