- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 3½ cups Brown Sugar
- 250mL Vegetable Oil
- 4 large Eggs (beaten)
- 3 cups grated Carrot
- 250g Walnuts (roughly chopped)
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in a large bowl.
- Mix oil and sugar together in another bowl.
- Add beaten eggs to oil & sugar mixture.
- Make a hole in the flour and stir in the liquid.
- Then add carrots and walnuts.
- Grease and line the base of a rectangular baking dish.
- Pour in mixture and bake for 1 hour on 150°.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool down while making the frosting.
- 250g Cream cheese
- 6 tbsp Margarine
- 1 cup Castor sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence.
- Place all the ingredients together in a bowl and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spread evenly over the cake and sprinkle with a few walnuts.