- 4 cups of water with 2 Maiselle Veggie Stock Cubes
- 1 cup of Red Lentils
- 2 tbsp of Ghee
- 2 Onions cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp ground Coriander
- 1 tbsp ground Cumin
- 1/4 tbsp Cayenne Powder
- 1 tbsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tbsp of Tamarind Pulp or Pomegranate Molasses
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the mustard seeds until cracking.
- Add the other spices and stir until aromatic.
- Add in the onion and fry until slightly golden.
- Put in the lentils and fry for about 1 minute then pour in the water and stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When ready stir in the tamarind paste or pomegranate molasses and before serving stir in the lime juice.