- Keftethes (Spicy Greek Meatballs):
- 500g Lamb mince
- Brown Onion (diced and microwaved for 1 min)
- 1 tbsp Minced or fresh Garlic
- 2 Eggs
- Spices to taste (Oregano/Cumin/Fresh Mint&Parsley/Salt/Cracked pepper)
- Flour to coat meatballs Potatoes sto Fourno:
- 6 Large Nadine Washed Potatoes
- 2 clove garlic, squashed whole with skin
- Oregano/Rosemary sprigs/Lemon/Salt n pepper
- Good quality Olive oil and 1 cup water
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together with your hands ensuring the meat is well combined with spices and egg mixture.
- Roll individual meatballs into a 'cigar' shape and roll in flour.
- Shallow fry until golden brown, turn once and drain on paper towel and serve.
- Bake at 190°C slowly for 50 minutes with alfoil cover.
- For the last 20 mins of cooking, remove foil and let potatoes crisp up slightly.
- Depending on oven heat and power, you may need to add more liquid as potates soak up liquid quickly, they must remain wet at all times to retain softness.