- 500g fresh calamari (cleaned and sliced from tubes)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Cut the squid tubes into 1cm rings.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper and paprika together.
- Toss half the squid pieces in the flour, then shake off the excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a frypan until hot, fry the squid very quickly, turning once, then drain on a paper towel and serve with fresh lemon wedges.
For the Taramasalata (Pink Salmon dip)
- 100g smoked salmon cuttings
- 100ml thick greek yoghurt
- 200g Light Philly cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tsp horseradish cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 red onion, finely sliced into rings
- 1 tsp Capers
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Combine the smoked salmon cuttings with the yoghurt, cream cheese, horseradish cream, capers, lemon juice and pepper in a food processor and whiz until smooth and thick consistency.
- Refrigerate until required. Garnish with fresh mint or parsley and serve chilled.