- One quantity of Short Cake Pastry
- 500g mixed Frozen Berries
- 500g Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 – 2 large Oranges (grated)
- Squeeze & save juice from oranges
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- ¼ cup Orange flavoured liqueur
- Whipped Cream
- Mix together the mascarpone cheese in a bowl with orange rind and orange juice.
- Add orange liqueur and icing sugar and mix altogether.
- When pastry cools, add the cream mixture.
- Decorate with thawed frozen berries and refrigerate.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Short Cake Pastry
- 225g Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 dessert spoon sugar
- 1 Egg
- 125g Butter
- Rub butter into sifted flour & then add baking powder.
- Place egg and sugar into the flour, making a light paste.
- Roll out to approx 12mm thick.
- Put into pie dish that has been lined with baking powder or a dish with a removable base.
- Cook blind for approx 12 – 15 minutes at 180°C.
- Cool, add filling and decorate.