- 1kg Mussels
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Clean mussels under running water.
- Peel and cut onion into wedges.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges also.
- Cut lemon into slices and peel and finely crush garlic.
- Heat oil in a heavy based saucepan.
- Add garlic, onion and soften slightly.
- Add tomatoes and lemon. Stir Well.
- Pour in the mussels and add a pinch of salt and pepper and stir well.
- Put a lid on saucepan and let steam.
- Mussels are ready when they open up.