- 2 litres water
- 3 – 4 medium large fish carcasses including head, wings etc
- 1 brown onion
- 1 large carrot
- 2 – 3 stalks of celery
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ cup of short rice
- Fresh Parsley
- Put water, bones etc, vegetables washed and cut into large chunks into saucepan with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil then simmer for approximately 1 hour.
- Strain bones and vegetables out of saucepan.
- Return clear stock to saucepan and re-add vegetables.
- Add tomato paste and stir in well
- When boiling add rice and simmer until cooked around 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with chopped fresh parsley and squeeze of lemon juice (optional)