- 1½ cups peeled Garlic Cloves
- 1½ cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 60g Butter
- 85g can Anchovies
- 1 French Stick
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place all the garlic cloves into 4 small ceramic/oven safe bowls till they reach the rims.
- Place one or two anchovies and a small amount of butter in each bowl.
- Place the bowls in oven and let it roast for approx. 2 hours.
- The more time in the oven at a reduced temp will have the greatest results.
- 10 minutes before taking them out put the French stick in to warm up.
- Remove bowls and bread.
- Spread cloves over crusty bread. The anchovies would have mostly disintegrated by now so dip some bread in the olive oil and enjoy.