- ½ kg fresh Peeled Prawns with heads on
- 2 Hot Chili Peppers
- 1 Lime
- 200g Cashews
- ½ cup peeled Garlic Cloves
- 1 small twig of Ginger
- 1 sprig of Fresh Coriander
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil (usually from a health food shop)
- Fish Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Steamed Basmati Rice to Serve
- Finely chop the chili, garlic, ginger and coriander into a bowl.
- Add the prawns, some fish sauce, salt and pepper and let marinate.
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok fairly high.
- Chop the cashews and a little garlic.
- Cook these in the oil until almost dirt brown.
- Add the marinated prawns and let them cook till they turn orange, then place the lid on top, turn down the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add plenty of the cashews to the rice and serve.