- 1 whole Pineapple
- 1 bottle Vanilla Essence
- 300g Brown Sugar
- Various seasonal fruits like Rockmelon, Watermelon, Honeydew Melon, Strawberries and Raspberries
- Bottles of Schapps and Fruity Liquor
- Wooden Skewers
- Chop the head off the pineapple, dig out the top about an inch and place it in the middle of a large platter.
- Fill a very small bowl with the vanilla essence and place on top of the pineapple.
- Chop seasonal fruit into small pieces and spread them around the pineapple.
- Pour the brown sugar, schnapps and other liquor into bowls around the platter.
- Gather your friends as you light the vanilla essence.
- Skewer a piece of fruit each, dip into the alcohol, then the sugar then caramelise it over the vanilla flame.