- 1kg Chicken thigh or breast (skinless)
- 300g Cheddar Cheese
- 100g Melted butter or substitute
- 1 packet of filo pastry (24 sheets)
- 1 small jar of Wholegrain Mustard
- 12 fresh Asparagus
- 300g Semi Sun-dried tomatoes
- Dozen Button Mushrooms
Makes 12 Servings
- While you prepare the ingredients of your chicken surprise parcel, keep the filo pastry in its packaging to ensure it doesn't dry out.
- Cut the kilo of chicken into 12 pieces, if necessary.
- Cut the cheese and mushrooms into slices, and the asparagus into small lengths of 5cm.
- Unwrap the filo pastry and leave it flat.
- To prevent the pastry from drying, place a slightly damp tea towel over the sheets.
- Take two sheets of filo pastry and place a piece of chicken and cheese at the centre of one end of the pastry.
- Place the surprise ingredients on the chicken.
- Using the melted butter brush the 4 edges of the pastry sheet and then roll up as a jam roll.
- Brush the top and bottom of the parcel, fold the ends under the parcel and place onto a greased baking tray.
- Tip: try and keep the cheese side of the parcel on top, to prevent it from burning on the tray in the oven.
- Bake in moderate oven 180°C for 20 to 25mins, or until golden brown.