- 825g can Plums in Syrup
- 825g can Pears Halves in Juice
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 125g Amaretti Biscuits
- ? cup Plain Flour
- ? cup Almond Meal OR Crushed Nuts
- ½ cup Silvered Almonds
- 100g Butter or 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- Preheat Oven to 180°C.
- Grease proof a rectangle ceramic serving dish.
- Combine drained plums, pears and cardamon – ensure plums are pitted and halved. Pour into grease proof dish.
- Combine crushed amaretti biscuits, flour, almond meal, almonds and nuts in a bowl.
- Using fingers, rub in butter (or 1/3 cup olive oil) with amaretti mixture.
- Once all rubbed in and crumbs slightly stick together, layer mixture over fruit mixture.
- Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes or golden brown.
- Serve warm with cream or vanilla ice-cream.
Optional: pour some port over prepared plate.