- 60g Butter
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- Icing Sugar
- 85g Ground Almonds
- 5 tbsp Self Raising Flour
- 1 Lemon
- Fresh Raspberries (Optional)
- Pre heat oven to 180°C and line a round cake tin with grease proof paper.
- Cut the butter in to pieces and then place in the bowl with chocolate and microwave on high for about 2 mins stirring every thirty seconds until melted.
- Once it has melted stir in brown sugar and egg yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites until standing in peaks, whisk in icing sugar until stiff.
- Stir in a spoonful of whites with almonds and flour in to choc mix.
- When well mixed fold in remaining whites.
- Spoon mixture in to tin, and bake for 40 – 45 mins.
- Berry Sauce: Dust the cake with icing sugar, puree berries with the juice of half a lemon and icing sugar, serve with cake.