- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1½ cup Sugar
- 1¼ cup Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 3 cups sifted Self Raising Flour
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is very creamy.
- Add the oil, milk, vanilla essence and beat for a few minutes.
- Pour in the flour, a little at a time and mix well.
- Grease a 20cm fancy ring tin and bake in a pre-heated, fan forced oven for 40 minutes on 180°C, then lower the heat to 150°C for a further 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve warm with custard and ice-cream.