- 1kg well drained Ricotta
- 1 cup finely grated Pecorino
- 1 Egg
- 3 cups plain flour
- Course black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Put dough onto a floured bench, knead lightly, adding flour as required till the dough is light to touch and no longer moist or sticky.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts. On a lightly floured board form each into a long like sausage about 2cm in diameter.
- Cut the sausages crosswise into pieces about 2cm long.
- Bring a large pan of water to boil. Add salt then drop the gnocchi in.
- When the gnocchi rise to the surface after 3-4 minutes, or to desired taste.
- Drain and serve with a tomato sauce or any other desired sauce.