- 200g dark chocolate
- 50g unsalted butter
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g rice bubbles (crisped cereal)
- Line a tray with baking paper
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a medium size saucepan (it has to be able to fit the whole mixture in eventually) over a medium heat.
- Stir the golden syrup and rice bubbles (crisped cereal).
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture on to the baking paper lined tray and place in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes, until set.
- Store Dark Chocolate Crunchies in an airtight container for 5 – 7 days (if you choose to eat them earlier this is fine too, they will just be a little more moist).
- If making these for a dinner party, there are many serving options. You can place on a three-tier dessert centre-piece or serve with ice-cream in a cone.