- 5 cups cold milk
- 4 large tablespoons cornflour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons coffee powder
- 1 egg yolk
- Dash Tia Maria
- 1 packet italian finger biscuits
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- Crushed almonds
- Place the Italian biscuits in your serving dish with out over lapping.
- Combine 1 cup milk with Tia Maria to suit taste the pour evenly over biscuits until all absorbed, set aside.
- In a saucepan put 4 cups cold milk, to this add the cornflour and whisk briskly, add the sugar, cocoa, vanilla essence and coffee and keep whisking until custard starts to thicken.
- Once thick turn off the heat and whisk to release yolk and stir.
- Pour finished custard over the biscuits and top with crushed almonds and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Custard can be eaten warm or cooled and cut like a slice.